This unique training course addresses the problems of site environmental management on construction sites and the need for industry to comply with state and federal legislation in relation to environmental protection. This course is designed for field personnel on construction sites
This course delivers the competency, AHCSAW203- Conduct Erosion and Sediment Control from the nationally accredited AHC16 training package. Holmesglen Institute in partnership with Statewide River and Stream Management issue the nationally accredited competency upon successful completion of the course.
- Appreciate the issues associated with not adequately implementing environmental management practices.
- Understand responsibilities for undertaking environmental management; both legislative and incident related.
- Understand Site Environmental Management plans including the Site Environmental Description Kit.
- Make decisions on how to select, implement and maintain environment protection measures.
- Assess the effectiveness of ‘on site’ environmental management practices.
- Impacts on worksites
- Why Undertake Environmental Management Practices on Sites?
- Legislative Requirements
- Emerson test
- Introduction to Environment Protection Measures
- Ensuring Effective Performance of Environmental Protection Measures
- Environmental Protection Measures to Help You Comply
- Erosion and Sediment Management (Inc. Dust Management)
- Noise Management
- Waste Management
- Chemical Management
- Identifying poor control measures
- Identifying solutions to poor protection measures
- Silt fence demonstration and construction practical
- Measures in the Field
- Using Site Management Description Plans to Plan Ahead
- Standard Components
- Site Management Description Kit
- Checking Your Site
- Water Quality Monitoring
- Air Quality Monitoring
- If Things Go Wrong
- What is a Reportable Incident?
- Filling Out an Incident Report
You will gain skills to make decisions on how to select, implement, and maintain environment protection measures and assess the effectiveness of “on site” environmental management practices.
On successful completion of accredited courses participants receive a Statement of Attainment, Statement of Results and a compliance “Green Card” and gain credit towards the Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management qualification. The Green Card can be readily produced on-site to meet contract requirements.
Green Card Front
Green Card Back
One Day 8.30am – 4.30pm
Holmesglen Institute, Waverley campus – 595 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley
Alternatively we can arrange to deliver the course to group bookings in the workplace if facilities are appropriate.
Cost of Course
$660.00 + GST per participant
Dates of Courses 2020
No course are scheduled in advance. If you would like to make a group booking please contact the office on 97029757