Melbourne Water in partnership with Statewide River and Stream Management have developed training in Site Environmental Awareness for site managers, personnel, contractors, consultants and developers working on or near Melbourne Water Assets. This training will need to be completed in order to gain “Permits to Work” as outlined in the land development manual.
The aim of this training program is to provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge in soil erosion and sediment control practices that improve asset management and minimise the amount of sediment entering the waterways.
Course participants who successfully complete the course shall gain the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand legal and moral obligations not to pollute waterways.
- Appreciate the issues associated with not adequately implementing environmental management practices.
- Understand your responsibilities for undertaking environmental management, including their legislative responsibilities, contractual responsibilities and their responsibilities in the event of an incident.
- Make informed decisions on how to select, implement and maintain environment protection measures in the workplace.
Upon completion participants will receive a personalised PVC training card with their photograph to produce on Melbourne Water work sites if required.
MW Green Card Front
MW Green Card Back
Please note participants must provide a jpeg photograph of themselves when booking. Group bookings are welcome
* Please note: This training will need to be renewed every 3 years.
One Day 8.30am – 4.30pm
Holmesglen Institute, Waverley campus – 595 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley
Cost of Course
$520.00 + GST per participant
Dates of Courses 2017