22nd April 2015
Graeme Christie, Statewide River and Stream Management’s – Environmental Works Manager attended the IECA, “Get Flocced” workshop in Brisbane on the 22nd April 2015.
The theme of the workshop was……. “Which flocculant is best for your site?” Topic included;
- Are you confident to “clean” sediment-laden water captured in your site’s sediment trap before release to comply with the rules and prevent fines?
- Do you know the difference between a flocculant and a coagulant?
- Do you know what to use, how and why to use flocculants?
- Learn about automatic dosing and high efficiency sediment basins.
- Learn about eco-toxicity and safety considerations for using various chemicals to treat stormwater.
- Learn about various flocculants and coagulants on the market, their pros and cons, and observe demonstrations (how to use each, plus common mistakes).
“The GET FLOCED work shop was very well delivered. Michael Frankcombe is one of Queensland’s leading erosion and sediment specialists and an exceptionally knowledgeable presenter, perfect overview on turbid water treatment and chemicals used in the construction industry, the whole aspects of the workshop was very good” (Graeme Christie)
This workshop provided an excellent opportunity to reinforce our company’s knowledge and experience in water treatment and dewatering on construction sites. It was surprising just how much knowledge and skills our staff have in relation to this topic. The workshop opened up a whole new group of industry experts and contacts that we now have the privilege to network with.