DamClear Flocculant Blocks
Flocculant blocks are ideal for dosing flocculant in remote locations such as storm water drains and detention dams and in situations where regular supervision of dosing is not practical.
They have found applications in many situations some of these include,
Clarification of storm water on building sites, housing developments & construction sites.
Mines & Quarries
Clarification of storm water run-off from mining operations & stock piles at rock, sand & gravel quarries. Clarification of water from drilling operations.
Clarification of storm water run-off at road, rail & tunnel construction sites.
Clarification of trade & industrial wastewater to remove solids and to thicken sludge.
Farm Dam Water
Clarification of clay contaminated water and storage dams
Product benefits include........
- Suitable for use in locations where electrical power is not available.
- No dosing equipment to maintain or monitor.
- Low capital cost.
- Stable product with a long shelf life.
- Simple visual method for monitoring usage.
- As water flow rate varies the dose rate varies.
- Floc Blocks do not contain aluminium or iron & will not affect water pH or salinity.
There are two grads of DamClear FLoc Blocks available;
- DamClear AN1 - suited to neutal pH water and to water with low salt content (<800 microsiemens)
- DamClear AN2 - suited to salty water conditions and is therefore a better choice for applicatiosn that contain high total dissolved solids such as saline water or dams contaminated with bore water. (measurements greater than 1,5000 microsiemens indicate saline water conditions). This product is generally more tolerant of acidic water (low pH, <6) and of alkaline water (high pH, >8)
For more information on what product suits your project needs please contact the office directly. DamClear Flocculant Blocks weigh 3kg and are supplied in boxes of 8, net weight 24kg Unopened product should be stored in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and water. Also available are heavy duty wire mesh baskets.
Statewide River and Stream Management are Victorian authorised distributors for Environmental Warehouse