Statewide River and Stream Management have been delivering quality environmental training programs to the construction industry since 2006.
Statewide River and Stream Management, is a company which has been actively involved in earthmoving and environmental engineering works for over 25 years and have noticed a need for environmental training to contractors, local council employees and consultants working in this industry. Their motivation is to ensure that best practice in environmental management is embedded in the culture and operational activities of employees, contractors and agencies involved in the construction sector.
Statewide have developed excellent and comprehensive accredited and non accredited training programs for industry including;
- Site Environmental Management (SEM) – Level 1 – For Field Personnel - (Accredited). On successful completion, participants receive the competency; AHCSAW201- Conduct Erosion and Sediment Control
- Site Environmental Management – Level 2 – For Managers/Supervisors/Consultants – (Accredited). On successful completion, participants receive two competencies: AHCSAW201 - Conduct Erosion and Sediment Control activities & AHCWRK202-Observe Environment Work Practices
- Spill Kit awareness Training – a non accredited, one hour workshop outlining spill kit contents and their use
- Spill Response Training – a non accredited, 3 hour training course outlining the procedures to deal with spills in the workplace
- Melbourne Water Site Environmental Awareness Training – a non accredited, one day training course targeted to Melbourne Water contractors, developers and consultants in relation to site management and in particular erosion and sediment control. This training is required to be undertaken by all parties that require a Permit for works for Melbourne Water contracts
Water Quality Analysis Training for the Construction Industry – non accredited. This 3 hour workshop is designed for environmental officers, project managers, site supervisors, field personnel, foreman, surveillance officers and council officers working in the construction industry and addresses; water quality monitoring, site selection & sampling techniques; instrument calibration and quality control; physical and chemical testing; legislative objectives and water quality discharge from worksites.
What make our courses unique is the flexibility and the current industry expertise that the trainers share with the participants. The quality of the training delivered is crucial to the successes achieved to date. All of our staff work in the industry & therefore can keep well informed of industry changes, standards and requirements.
Statewide River and Stream Training Capabilities
Statewide have the capability to develop and deliver training in the following areas;
- Dewatering techniques
- Water Clarification (coagulation /flocculation)
- Water quality analysis & monitoring in the field
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Erosion and Sediment control and control measures
- Environmental Management Plan (EMP)
- Water Sensitive Urban Design Construction (WUSD)
- Soil types, structure, texture
For enquires please call (03) 9702 9757
Proud partner in training - TOID - 0416
- AHCSAW201 Conduct erosion and sediment control activities
- AHCWR1(202 Observe environment work practices